Monday, March 31, 2014

Top 2 Public Icons


Why is Bill Clinton one of my favorite presidents? Is it because he actually improved our economy or kept military expenses to a minimum? You would think so, however, no, those are not my top 10 reasons for keeping Bill Clinton in my list of favorite top 2 public figures. All it took was a few wonderfully crafted and meaningful sentences:

"Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly around women. And I hope I never get into that." ~President Clinton addressing a female as a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford.

"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again." ~President Clinton

"What's a man got to do to get in the top fifty?" ~Mr. Clinton’s reaction to a poll journalists formulated, ranking Monica’s scandal as the 53rd most significant story during the past 100 years.

"It depends on how you define alone…" ~ President Clinton, during his testimony in 1998 regarding the Lewinsky scandal.

“"There were a lot of times when we were alone, but I never really thought we were." ~ also Mr. Clinton, during his grand jury testimony

"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is." ~Mr. Clinton- testimony

"You know, if I were a single man, I might ask that mummy out. That's a good-looking mummy" ~ President Clinton while eyeing "Juanita," a recent archeological finding of an Incan mummy showcased at the National Geographic Museum

As you can see from the above quotes, that we were blessed to have a true leader for 8 years prior to our economic crash. Not only did he look out for those who desperately needed employment, but also those who simply wanted something to do [ a man of equal opportunity]:
"The economy has produced 6.1 million jobs since I became president, and if Michael Jordan comes back to the Bulls, it will be 6,100,001 jobs."~ President Clinton.

He took care of himself, and taught us as a leader, no matter what kind of position you are in, be prepared for the future [George W. Bush/Obama etc.]: "Well, I don't have much job security." ~Bill Clinton response in 1992 after being asked why he still plays the saxophone.

My number 1 public figure is Shaquille O’Neal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnqv7YDQr8

It’s not just the above video, but more in regards to how he can be found- re-watching himself & laughing- in a public location [I can’t disclose] in Atlanta immediately after filming his TNT show.



No comments:

Post a Comment